3.17.2010

Gluten Free Banana Bread



My son asked me a couple of days ago for banana bread. He's never asked me for it before and it is his papa's favorite. I thought that it'd be a great first project for Culinary Collective , an import and distribution company specializing in gourmet cultural foods. I'll be creating, stylizing and photographing the foods I create with their products for the company. I just picked up a box full of gluten free products to work with. I'm very excited to work with CC and their amazing products.

I admit that I'm not very familiar with gluten free foods that much YET, therefore I wasn't sure how this banana bread would turn out.  I found the recipe at this blog site. I liked this recipe because it uses almond meal in it. I love anything almond, except marzipan. I used quinoa flour from CC and also their amazing vanilla extract. I also added some freshly grounded cardamon seeds and cinnamon. I used brown sugar for the color's sake and reduced the amount in half from the original recipe. I don't like my sweets too sweet. I often reduce the amount of sugar from many recipes.

My 3-year-old son helped me with whipping the mixture as he always likes to do. My baby daughter was having a great time licking my new measuring spoons I just purchased. It seems like that's what she likes to play with all the time - spoons.

The bread turned out great! I love the dark color and big crack on it. Rather sexy looking. It was very moist and not too sweet. The vanilla extract was amazing. So pure and so rich. It made the bread so much deeper. I felt like a witch with a magic potion. The boys and I ate the whole loaf by the next day, and I'm sure I'll be making this banana bread over and over again.


Share:

2 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Bella Bonito | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig