4.20.2010

Creamy Tomato Soup and Greek Salad


I was just looking through the refrigerator today and having a hard time deciding what to make for dinner. I've been sick and hadn't done the shopping for this week yet. I had lots of ripe tomatoes, so I simply decided to go with creamy tomato soup. It should be good for me and the rest of the family. I haven't made it in a while, but it always sounds good and can't go wrong with it. A perfect meal for a stormy and quiet day like today.



The family, including my 3-year-old son, ended up getting a second serving. It's such a pleasure and treat for me when he really likes what I make. It's kind of a gamble what he likes and doesn't like lately.

I also made a side of Greek salad with yogurt sauce. I became such a big fan of this salad. Simple, beautiful, easy and very cool... It wasn't a big hit with my son, but he'll get there.



Recipe:

Creamy Tomato Soup (4-6 bowls)

5 medium tomatoes
5 cloves of garlic
1 small red onion
1 cup of chicken soup stock
1 cup of whole milk
1/4 cup of heavy cream
olive oil
1/4 tsp of cumin
1/4 tsp of nutmeg
1/2 tsp of paprika

(Optional)
scallions
2 Tbl of créme fraiche
pepper and salt

Chop tomatoes, onion and garlic cloves. Saute them in a pan with 2 tsp of olive oil and add salt and pepper. Add chicken soup stock and simmer it for 30-45 min. Puree the mixture in the blender. Put the mixture in a deep pot or pan and add milk, cream and spices. Serve it with sour cream or créme fraiche.



Greek Salad

3 medium tomatoes
1 medium cucumber
1 avocado

Dressing

3 Tbl of Greek style yogurt (whole milk)
2 tsp of lemon juice
salt and pepper
1 pinch of cayenne pepper
Olive oil

Dice vegetables and top it with the dressing.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Bella Bonito | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig